Hi fellow readers! (or should I say listeners). 🙋♂️🎧
I am launching a new series today, which I have been excited about for the longest time. Here it is:
I want to do two simple actions, staying true to the name of this series:
- Listen - where I get an audiobook of any topic, ideally linked to health but will be anything that I am currently interested about
- Squiggle - doodle, squiggle and get messy with personal notes; then share these with you! I'll keep these informative & representative with some creative leeway.
I will be listing and adding to this list below for 2023.
- 'The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read' by Philippa Perry
- 'Quiet: The Power of Introverts' by Susan Cain
- 'Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen' by Donald Miller
- 'The Steal Like an Artist - Audio Trilogy' written and read by Austin Kleon
- 'The Storyteller's Secrets' written and narrated by Carmine Gallo
- 'E-myth: Revisited' by Michael E Gerber (coming soon)
Why share notes?
I love learning something new. And what's better is that I actually execute some of these new ideas in my life.
Yeah, they might seem like random notes or scribbles. And why bother putting this out in the world?
A story of a life-changing idea written behind a napkin: Southwestern Airliness. Now a multimillion-dollar Fortune 500 company. Apparently, it started as just a sketch of three locations on a napkin!
Also, I forget... All the time. So these are my personal reminders and notes. I do come back to them to reinvigorate or reinforce the idea that I have learnt.
I also like checking out what others have noted on the same book! This gives me an idea of what else could be useful (which I might not have picked up during that particular read).
Sometimes, ideas do not resonate with one just because it isn't the right time or season. And that's ok!
I aim to take away 2-3 ideas from a book. And if I can get a reasonable benefit from the change that they made in me, that is a huge win in my books.