What David is up to?
Updated as of 1st November 2023 from London, UK.
🔬 Researching on health in academia
I am looking into quantitative epidemiological methods of assessing behaviors and their relationship with diseases at Imperial College London, within the School of Public Health.
I also help out where I can, with the Masters programmes that are run in the school (especially the MSc Health Data Analytics and Machine Learning).
Bringing up two kids
My youngest son was recently born (couple weeks old). We're adjusting and trying to be decent parents. The parenting world has much to learn, and I don't go more than a day not being on my toes!
📖 Current reads and writes
Am reviewing and taking notes from a couple of audiobooks:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain > done!
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- Show Your Work!: 10 Ways To Share Your Creativity And Get Discovered by Austin Kleon
- I am currently looking for audiobook about storytelling, writing, and online copy. Open to recommendations
Penning down some thoughts/words (when I can) on:
- Fitbit data download
- 10,000 steps in my own experience
- Consolidating data on steps from other devices like android
☕Coffee of the month
I have been on a Sage coffee subscription for a couple of months. Every month, I get a different flavor from a surprise roaster for my espresso.
My current flavor is a blend from Redemption roasters called Roll Call. (Not sponsored) They have a really cool mission to "reduce re-offending rates via coffee".
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What's a /now page?
This is inspired by a movement started by a guy called Derek Sivers. I love the idea of a focused page, that is easy to type and find.
Read about it here, and I also highlight that the origin story behind this idea is 🔥too!
Q: How does it differ from the "about" page?
The idea of this page is to address two main questions (that I get all the time):
- "What are you up to these days?"
- "I would like to align with your interests, can you help me with this?"
So if you do get referred to this page, don't take it personally. I do acknowledge your kind connection but just don't have the mental capacity to act on it now (though perhaps in the future!).
The about page is a more historical viewpoint with an emphasis on timelines. I might be working on something tangential at any point, so this page is a nice section for things. (And saves you a a minute or two of scrolling past a story to get to present-day events).
I try to keep this page updated, and it personally helps me prioritize what's happening currently. Whenever I think of taking up another project,or moving my direction of focus - I can come back here and review everything.